Designer-Print Digital – Kansas City, MO
About Open Road Brands
Open Road Brands is a company that puts creativity and innovation above all else. We live at the intersection of clever and cool, and are adamant about bringing fun, fresh and fan-loving wall art, unique home décor and must-have gifts to the market – in ways that represent the VERY BEST in Americana and pop culture. We partner with the world’s most iconic licensed brands to bring their characters and content to life in bold new ways and create lifestyle-driven pieces that speak to how hobby, and leisure enthusiasts, choose to see the world.
We are stewards of some of the most famous brands in the modern world. We are tasked with maintaining and refining their integrity in the marketplace. we offer an appropriate level of creative and product innovation to portray our licensors at a unique level so the consumer wants to fil their homes with that brand. And they we fully communicate that the brans that we represent are more than logos, makes models and properties. They are stories that the world connects with on a very meaningful level. It truly is most people connection to something bigger than them. In short, what we do is pretty cool and we think it’s pretty important.
Designer – Print & Digital
Our newly formed and rapidly growing in-house content development studio creates innovative and compelling online videos, and sales media tools, to further strengthen our relationships with our retail and licensing partners. We are looking for a Graphic Designer, who will work directly with our Marketing Team to produce marketing material for sales and marketing team. Digital Design and Social Media content creation skills are a must. Ideal candidates for this role should be creative and innovative, well-organized, and must be excellent visual communicators, who is passionate about marketing, branding, and all things pop culture.
This person should have knowledge of typography, layout and the use of graphic styles. They must know how to work with lifestyle and product phytography. Must apply a continuous critical eye to all pints of communication of our organization to maintain the upmost level of quality. Must be effective in reviewing material for errors before publishing or printing. Have strong collaboration and teamwork skills. Strong skills in brand and logo development.
Ideal candidates for this role should be creative and innovative, multimedia savvy, well-organized, and must be excellent visual communicators. Ultimately, the exceptional Visual Content Creator/Digital Designer should have a firm grasp of the different digital touch points, a proficiency in driving highly effective campaigns to enhance user experience and deliver on all digital objectives – balancing the strategic publication of content provided by the rest of the marketing, sales and creative teams.
- Must be fluent in InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Ability to maintain a cohesive brand presence throughout all marketing material.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
- Completes projects by coordinating with sales, product and creative teams.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Able to find proficiencies and efficiencies throughout the creative of marketing material maintain and increase quality and effectiveness.
- Ability to assist in the design and layout of a website or web pages.
- Packaging design and retail facing merchandising a plus.
Social Media/E-commerce Support
- Create visual content utilizing videos, photography, graphics, and GIFs for all social media platforms which currently include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Assisting in the development of digital marketing campaigns.
- Ability to create the designand layout of a website or web
- Provide visual assets for E-commerce team, such as photos and graphics across multiple platforms.
Photography (not required but a bonus):
- Technical photography skills.
- Photoshop editing skills.
Videography (not required but a bonus):
- Technical video/audio skills a plus.
- Video/audio editing skills a plus.
- Live streaming knowledge and understanding.
Graphic Designer Qualifications/Skills:
- 3-5 years experience in graphic design in a professional setting.
- Visual samples and portfolio of previous professional projects are required.
- Layout skills
- Excellent visual storytelling skills.
- Highly organized.
- Strong computer literacy.
- Project management experience.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Time-management skills
- Communication skills
- Solid presentation skills.
- Job Type: Full-time